Ben’s love of people, experience as a professional photojournalist, and artistic passion, allow for capturing the spirit of your wedding day.
Ben loves to be behind the lens, not in front! As such, he moves seamlessly amongst your guests and inconspicuously around your ceremony to document your wedding story.
Capturing the narrative, the elements and people important most to you, and the emotion of the day, Ben ensures you end up with memories in pictures.
If you are looking for your own work of art, Ben loves creative styling and coming up with a unique shoot that reflects your personality and setting. Signature stylings include his lauded wedding ring and landscapes.
Find out more in About Ben.
SERVICES & PRODUCTS
All packages include –
- Online Slideshow of images selected by Ben and complimented with music, ready for you to view and share within 2 weeks of your wedding. The slideshow will also be presented to you as an mp4 file, on your official USB flash drive.
- Minimum of 250 fully edited high-resolution images on USB flash drive – no watermarks, no size restrictions.
- Online Proofing Gallery
Contact Ben for complete package and pricing details.
Wedding Album –
Albums are printed on fine art, museum quality paper with vibrant archival inks. When you open up your album, you see a full panoramic display. There are no cuts or gutters in the binding, so your images display without any distractions. The images are printed on matte paper that is rated to last generations without discolouring, yellowing or fading.
Thank You Cards –
Thank your guests with a custom-designed card featuring one of your favourite wedding photos.
Ben only uses professional photography labs to order your wedding prints. Photos are printed on paper designed to last over 100 years, with minimal fade. While we live in a digital world, there is nothing like looking at real, beautiful prints.
Wall Art –
Have your favourite shots transformed onto canvas or impressive acrylic mounts.
Pre Wedding Shoot –
An opportunity to have some gorgeous, natural images shot in a Melbourne location of your choice. This service includes 1-2 hours of photography, resulting in a minimum of 100 fully edited high-resolution images.
- Contact Ben to confirm availability, learn more about his service and products, and secure a price guide.
- If you like what you see and want to get to know the man behind the lens, book a coffee catch up or arrage a Skype meeting.
- Formalise your agreement, including payment schedule. Full payment is required one month prior to your wedding day.
- Ben finds out the precise details of your wedding celebration one month prior to the date.
- Ben scouts your venue(s) considering your proposed timings and the natural light.
- The big day! Ben works with you, your family and your friends, to help everyone relax and enjoy the festivities. His fly-on-the-wall style allows for natural shots and time to enjoy the occasion. He will take charge when it’s time to photograph your favourite people. He will work discreetly, creatively and with a smile.
- Post-production is undertaken within a week of your wedding day.
- You will receive your personal slide show within 10 days of your wedding.
- Your complete collection is ready for pick up or delivery within four weeks of the wedding day.
- Album production takes three weeks from the date of final artwork approval.
- Prints, canvases, and acrylic mounts take two weeks to produce, from the date of final artwork approval.
- If, after months of trawling through your collection and staring at your latest and greatest screen saver, you decide you would like an album or some more prints produced, you are able to do this through Ben Swinnerton Photography. Galleries are kept live for one year after your wedding date.
As a photographer for Melbourne’s biggest newspaper, Ben trawled the laneways, gardens and buildings of Melbourne, for twenty years. Ben knows Melbourne.
As a resident of Bayside Melbourne, who once lived in the happening suburbs of East St.Kilda, North Fitzroy, Richmond and South Melbourne, Ben knows Melbourne’s hotspots and beachside gems.
Approximately one week prior to your wedding, Ben will scout your locale, at the same time of day as your scheduled wedding activities, to find some great photo opportunities.
Wet weather?! Don’t worry. Ben scouts your locations with the weather in mind. If you want to stay dry, he’ll search for suitable options. If you’re happy to brave the elements, Ben can produce some beautiful mementos.